Sizing Up a Prospective Pet Sitter
- Ask to see proof of current insurance and/or bonding.
- Ask for client references and check them.
- How long has the pet sitter been in business?
- How much pet experience does that sitter have?
- Do they know animal first aid and CPR?
- What if weather prevents the sitter from getting to your house?
- What does the sitter do if there is an emergency and your veterinarian's office is closed?
- Does the sitter have a written service contract and pet information form?
- Sitter should ask for your pet's routine on eating, sleeping, potty breaks, walking, exercise, medications, medical history, hiding places, favorite toys, problems such as barking or chewing, vaccination history, your veterinarian's place of business and telephone number.
- Ask how long are your sitter's visits.
- Ask how you will communicate in case of an emergency.